The Italian Palazzo
The PALAIS AN DER OPER belongs to the most prominent buildings in Munich. The Rococo Palais, which was built in 1750 for the diplomat, minister, and field marshal Ignaz Felix Graf von Törring-Jettenbach, was the most magnificent aristocrats’ palace of the city. In 1836 the Palais was converted into the royal post office – a function it retained until its redevelopment in 2009.
The arcades - constructed in 1825 and modelled upon the Ospedale degli Innocenti in Florence - do not only shape the identity of the property but also that of the entire Opera square and make it one of the most Italian buildings in Munich – which some affectingly call the most northern city of Italy. So it doesn’t come as a surprise that it is the perfect location for Dolce Vita at the river Isar!